CORA is hereby issuing an Open Call for Member Clubs to submit 2021 Repair, Maintenace and Equipment (RME) Grant applications.
The following rules and conditions apply to the 2021 Open Call:
- Completed RME Grant Applications must be received on-line through the CORA website https://www.canadianoutrigger.ca/cora-forms/repair-maintenance-and-equipment-grant-application/ (date and time of receipt will be noted). RME Grant expense Eligibility Criteria are set out at the foregoing link.
- The deadline for the submission of 2021 Open Call RME Grant applications is 6:00 pm, Friday, November 12, 2021.
- The CORA Board will consider the applications at its pre-AGM meeting on November 20, 2021 and reserves the right to consider factors other than time/order of receipt (i.e. size of Club, financial need, frequency of previous RME Grants) in awarding grants. Preference may be given to Member Clubs eligible in 2021 for an RME Grant.
- The subject matter for the RME Grants remains the same (see sections 1 and 2 of the Eligibility Criteria on the RME Grant application form).
- There are 10 grants available and the maximum grant amount remains at $1000.00.
- Member Clubs for whom 2021 is their first CORA membership year remain ineligible for any RME Grant until 2022.
- In addition, a CORA club must have paid its CORA Club membership fee and have at least 6 paid-up individual CORA members (i.e. an OC6 crew) to be considered “in good standing” for the purposes of RME Grant eligibility. Any deficiencies in these requirements will need to be remedied before an RME Grant application can be approved by the Board.
- The following Clubs are eligible for a 2021 RME Grant, have not submitted a 2021 RME Grant Application and remain eligible for the 2021 Open Call. Beside each club name is your 2021 CORA club fee payment status and the number of paid individual CORA members affiliated with your club as of November 1, 2021.
CORA Member Club Status
Individual CORA Members
|Belleville Outrigger Canoe Club||Not Paid||0|
|Calgary Canoe Club||Paid||40|
|Club Bon Accueil||Paid||11|
|Delta Outrigger Kanu Association||Paid||19|
|Gibsons Paddle Club||Not Paid||13|
|H2O Outrigger||Not Paid||0|
|Lotus Sports Club||Paid||44|
|Nanaimo Ocean Paddling Club (+NPC)||Paid||125 (+3)|
|Ottawa River Runners||Paid||7|
|Pemberton Canoe Association||Paid||2|
|Penticton Racing Canoe Club||Paid||27|
|Powell River Outrigger Canoe Society||Paid||20|
|Shuswap Association for Paddling and Rowing||Paid||1|
|Sproat Lake Canoe Club||Paid||37|
|Squamish Paddling Club||Not Paid||0|
|Sunnyside Paddling Club||Paid||2|
|Thunder Bay Outrigger Club||Not Paid||0|
|TSCC Maka Koa Outrigger||Paid||24|
|Vancouver Island Paddling Club||Not Paid||4|
|Vancouver Ocean Sports||Paid||4|
|Victoria Youth Paddling Club||Paid||11|
|Wailua Outrigger Canoe Club||Paid||28|
- Member Clubs who received a 2020 RME Grant (including the 2020 Open Call recipients) are eligible for the 2021 Open Call. The following clubs received a 2020 RME Grant. Beside each club name is your 2021 CORA club fee payment status and the number of paid individual CORA members affiliated with your club as of November 1, 2021.
|CORA CLUB||2021 CORA Member Club Status||2021 Individual CORA Members|
|Campbell River Outrigger||Not Paid||0|
|Dragon Zone Paddling Club||Not Paid||1|
|Fairway Gorge Paddling Club||Paid||41|
|False Creek Racing Canoe Club||Paid||102|
|Fort Langley Canoe Club||Paid||47|
|Fraser Valley Paddling Club||Paid||14|
|Jericho Paddling Club||Paid||45|
|Kelowna Paddle Centre||Paid||16|
|Latitude 48 Paddling Club (+ORPC)||Paid||85 (+9)|
|Pacific Reach Paddling Club||Paid||28|
|Pearson College Outrigger Club||Paid||2|
|Prince Rupert Outrigger Association||Paid||14|
|Victoria Canoe and Kayak Club||Paid||7|
- Member Clubs who have already received, have been approved to receive or already submitted an application for a 2021 RME Grant are ineligible for the 2021 Open Call (i.e. only 1 RME Grant per year).
- Successful 2021 Open Call recipients will not be eligible for another RME Grant until 2023 (other than through a 2022 Open Call, if applicable).
- Neither invoices nor receipts are required with your application, however, successful applicants must submit all receipts (not just invoices) before December 31, 2021.
- In your application under “Estimated Expenses”, please indicate if your expenses have already been incurred or whether they are future expenses. In the case of repair work or services, preference will be given to applications for reimbursement of costs already incurred. In the case of goods or equipment, preference will be given to goods already purchased or to goods that can be reasonably purchased by the end of the year (ie off the shelf items, not customized items). If your expenses cannot reasonably be incurred in 2021, you should apply in 2022 for a 2022 RME Grant.
Receipts should name the Member Club to the extent possible (ie excluding retail store cash register receipts).
- Payment will be made by e-transfer (indicate to what e-mail address please) or by cheque payable to your Club, not individuals.