2022 IVF World Sprint Championships (August 2022) will be held in the UK (Dorney Lake, west of London)
COVID Impact on Selections:
The 2022 selection process is built on the assumption of all areas of Canada being allowed to train in team boats by at least August and gather for events in September. The situation will be reviewed at the end of July and an update will be provided at that time if we need to change directions.
2022 IVF WORLD SPRINTS OVERVIEW
The 2022 IVF World Sprint Championships are comprised of two parts:
Part One is a World ELITE Championship showcasing the top V6/V12 paddlers U19 and Open age categories from each country.
Trials for ELITE:
- All paddlers trialing for the ELITE crews MUST attend the WEST TRIAL.
- Paddlers age 16 or older are eligible to be considered for the ELITE open crew.
- Paddlers age 14 – 19 are eligible to be considered for the ELITE U19 crew.
- Trial will consist of OC1 time trials with heats/finals.
- Note: All ELITE paddlers are subject to WADA anti-doping drug testing.
Part Two is the World CLUB Championship which is the same as previous championships with six V6 crews and three V12 crews per category, per country.
Trials for CLUB:
- The V6 selection process section is divided into Free Agent Crew Selection and Pre-Determined Club Crews
- If you do not have a Club Crew vying for a spot, you can trial as a ‘Free Agent’.
- A number of FA paddlers will be selected via OC1 time trial and sorted into crews based on a combination of speed, regional location, and coaches’ decision; FA crews may then have to race against the registered Club crews to see who is awarded entries for the World Club Crew Championships if there are more than 6 crews vying for the 6 spots.
V1 races will run throughout the two parts of the World Championships. V1 paddlers of all ages are subject to WADA anti-doping drug testing.
- Intent to Compete form due – July 21
- Western Trial: Calgary Canoe Club – September TBD
- Eastern Trial: Location and dates TBD