Come join us for your best time on the Fraser River! Fort Langley Canoe Club re-boots its well-loved Spring River Run on Saturday April 22 (OC6 races) and Sunday, April 23 (small boat races).
If you’ve raced with us before, you know what to expect: a scenic course on the beautiful Bedford Channel and Fraser River, away from city and boat congestion. You’ll prepare for the hard push against your competition and the river current (and, possibly tide) on one leg and then a lightning-fast split on the return. You may encounter bald eagles, seals, sturgeon, salmon, and, even our small local deer herd, as our resident spectators).
After your race, stay for what scenic Fort Langley has to offer including the historic Fort, as well as shopping, restaurants and excellent craft beer!
This is a CORA-sanctioned race and you must be a CORA member.
FLCC Spring River Run 2023 will be a spec-boat only race and FLCC will provide you a spec boat – Bradley Lightning, Calmar, Clipper Advantage and Mirage models – if you need one. Boat types will be assigned by draw. If you plan to bring down your own boat to race, please contact Jim at: email@example.com
Race courses include for OC6, approx. 8KM, or 12KM, dependent on your interest and registration. The first race of the day is for youth and novice crews (less than 2 years racing) as well as anyone who wants to challenge themselves on an 8KM race around Brae Island. The next day, small boats will also race around the Brae Island 8-9KM circumference.
In the Saturday OC6 heats, you’ll compete against other crews in your Age Division:
- Juniors (U19), Open, Masters 40+, Masters 50+, Masters 60+, Kupunas 70+, and Novice Divisions
- Womens, Mens, Mixed Crews
OC 6 Race Day, Sat. April 22:
- 7:45 AM Registration
- 8:30 AM Heat 1 (8KM Novice / Youth)
- 10:00 AM Heat 2 (12KM Mixed)
- 11:30 AM Heat 3 (12KM Mixed)
- 1:00 PM Heat 4 (12KM Women)
- 2:30 PM Heat 5 (12KM Men)
Small Boat Race Day, Sunday April 23:
- 9:30 Registration
- 10:30 Race – Mass Start
- 12:00 Awards in each Boat / Gender / Age Division as per CORA Race Rules as well as Prizes which can be won by anyone!
- OC6: $180 / crew ($90 Juniors)
- Small Boats: $30 per boat ($15 Juniors)
- You will not be considered registered until you have paid your registration fee.
- Registration / Waivers / Payment Here
- OC6 Registration closes April 15
- There will be no OC6 Registration on Race-Day
- Small Boat Registration open until and including April 23
Questions: Ask Jim – firstname.lastname@example.org