This grant has been established to assist club-sanctioned coaches with continuing education expenses to further develop their coaching knowledge, to a maximum of $250 per person per year with a maximum of two (2) grants per club per year.
- The applicant and his/her CORA club must both be CORA members in good standing.
- The applicant must act in a coaching capacity at his/her home club, as evidenced by a club letter of support, and have the intention to continue coaching.
- The applicant must be seeking to take on of the following courses:
- any National Coaching Certification program (NCCP) multi-sport module course;
- any NCCP cano/kayak sport specific module course, including CanoeKids; or
- a non-NCCP coaching training course, subject to CORA approval on a case-by-case basis.
- The applicant must submit a CORA Coaching Education Grant Application (see the form below) in accordance with the procedure set out below, including details of the course and supporting documentation.
- The grant (if approved) must be used for reimbursement of course-related costs.
- Applicants requesting grants for NCCP sport specific courses are advised that they must complete fundamental NCCP multi-sport module courses, including the Make Ethical Decisions workshop, prior to or concurrently with sport specific module courses. The canoe/kayak Entry Level Competitive Coach (ELCC) workshop (multi-hull option) through Canoe Kayak BC is an excellent sport specific module course for outrigger coaches.
- The purpose of this grant is to offset some of the applicant’s course-related costs, not to cover all such costs.
- This grant has a fixed budget. Grant applications will be considered in order of receipt. Once the budget is exhausted, not further grants will be available. There is no guarantee that funds will be available or that your application will be approved.
Procedure for Applying for CORA Coaching Education Grant:
- You must submit to CORA, the following:
- A fully completed CORA Coaching Education Grant Application (see form below);
- In a separate single email:
- a club letter of support confirming your coaching role at the club;
- supporting documentation showing your NCCP standing (scanned copy of NCCP printout and/or copy of NCCP certificate), if any.
- Applications should be submitted at least 1 month prior to the proposed coaching course, but CORA may consider late applications in its discretion.
- Email scanned copies of your NCCP credentials and your Club Letter of Support to “email@example.com”. Please include the word “Coaching Education”, plus the date, club name, and your last name in the Subject Line of the emails sent.
- After the Coaching Grant Application form has been submitted, you will receive an email confirmation message.
- CORA will confirm receipt of your application (noting any deficiencies) and inform you, prior to your proposed course date, whether your application has been approved (with grant amount, if approved).
- After you have completed your course, you must submit to CORA prior to October 31 for reconciliation against your submitted application, copies of your course-related receipts.
- Email receipts to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Please include the word “Coaching Education Receipts”, plus the date, club name, and your last name in the Subject Line of the emails sent.
- Funds will be released via e-transfer once CORA has received and reviewed your receipts.
Note: CORA now prefers e-transfers of funds. E-transfers of funds will be sent to the applicant. Please indicate the e-transfer e-mail address in the form below. If you do not accept e-transfers, alternate arrangements can be made. Once you have fully filled out the grant application, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form to submit the form to CORA.