Another World Sprints is in the books for Canada! This year we had 7 paddlers commit travel to Rio De Janerio and represent Canada. And represent they did collecting 5 medals. Congratulations to Alex Vanderham, Lorene Archdekin, John Roberts, Terry Curtis, Dean Dogherty, Doug Kazakoff and Jack Coldwell. Full results of the 5 days can be found here 2014 Rio World Sprint results.
Lynda Roberts was also there as Race Director for Rio World Sprints. Canadian spirit was well represented when the group finished with their races, they took on volunteer duties to assist the sprint officials. Canada Rocks eh?
- Alex Vanderham – Golden Master V1 – Silver
- John Roberts – Master 70+ V1 – Gold
- Golden Master Men 500m -V6 – Gold
- Golden Master Men 1000m – V6 – Gold
- Senior Master Men 1000m – V6 – Bronze
Next up IVF World Sprints 2016 Australia – May 2016. Watch this website for upcoming information on how to register your ‘ Intent To Compete’